Denis executed upgrades to heritage listed stations for and on behalf of Sydney Trains and Transport NSW. Stations included Central, Riverwood, Holsworthy, Padstow, Revesby, and Mount Victoria.
The Station Refresh Program involves upgrading NSW train stations, bringing customers cleaner, safer and more functional facilities.
Working in a high risk live environment meant planning was key to the safe and successful delivery. Multiple possessions were required for works undertaken within the rail corridor, with buses replacing trains during those times.
The works included:
- Improvements to station security, with improved lighting and additional help points where needed;
- Deep clean, painting and refresh of customer toilet facilities;
- New water bubblers, seating, and additional bins;
- Removal of redundant equipment and general de-cluttering;
- Improved landscaping; and
- Bird proofing to ensure general cleanliness around stations.
Project value: $5M +